The Pyxis Wavetable LFO is a Eurorack module built around a 32 bit ARM microcontroller, rather than more traditional analogue technology. This means that it is able to offer a far more flexible take on modulation than most current Eurorack LFO modules, rivalling the capabilities of even some modern software virtual instruments.
The heart of the module is a wavetable scanning oscillator; this allows for smooth “crossfade” between a sequence of four waveforms, allowing an unparalleled number of wave shapes. With user definable waveform sequences, complete control over ordering, phase, and repetition, this is a massively flexible module.
- Wavetable scan between sequences of up to four waveforms; define custom wavetables from 9 waveforms, with control over multiplier and phase of each entry in the table; the picture below shows such a sequence:
- Three switchable frequency ranges:
- 0-1 Hz
- 0-10 Hz
- 0-100 Hz
- Voltage control over wavescan, frequency, phase.
- Attenuverters on all voltage control inputs; complete control over the effect of incoming control signals.
- Retrigger and/or clock input; quantise the LFO output to either an external or internal clock source, for tempo synced modulation effects. Retrigger allows the module to act as an envelope generator.
- OLED screen provides intuitive visual feedback on the current state of the oscillator.
- High performance ARM microcontroller; hardware floating point DSP, 22khz sample rate, 12 bit ADC/DAC resolution.
The user manual for the Wavetable LFO is available for download here.